4.03.2011

Then I read the word “Beware”

In the parking lot of church today I was smacked in the face (not literally) with what has become a reoccurring frustration of mine.  Ok… “frustration” is not the word I mean…reoccurring blood-boiling is more like it. 

My blood boils in the effort to protect, to guard and to keep at bay those whom, for what ever reason, seem to consistently stir up trouble and division. 

I know that I am powerless to do such a thing but my heart beats with passion for healthy relationships, personal as well as body-of-Christ relationships. 

In the heat of my blood-boiling I decided to go do some research.  I’ll show them…reason number one.  I’ll find a tool that will help train – say a book or an article to “share” that could so perfectly apply to the person situation…reason number two.  

So I clicked on over to the Peacemaker web site.  I love the resources of their ministry!  There were some new resources and some links to blogs—oh how I love blogs

As I was clicking away on the blog links I found one of them to be quite humorous.   You see as I was reading it I heard God speak to my heart a shepherding tone--

“ Rhonda, remember that this Peacemaker ministry is needed because conflict always exists, which is not the same as it being needed in order to prevent conflict from existing.” 

Humbled, I again, face my flawed thinking that longs for perfection here on earth.  So I whisper a prayer…..

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
 

Praying also that I learn more and more how to be part of solutions rather than part of an illusions.

        Tink~

No comments: